The Nobel laureate André Gide once said “It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves – in finding themselves.” Adventure may mean different things to different individuals. As kids the greatest adventure for us would be to conjure ways to remain awake past the bedtime. With passage of time, our priorities and choices both change. While some find refuge in travelling, others indulge in reading or playing video games. However there are some who love to get high on the adrenaline rush. They engage in activities such as extreme sports or action sports to feel the blood pumping through their veins. Adrenaline junkie or not, these 28 photos will definitely get your pulse racing. Just a word of caution – you might be tempted to pack your bags and leave on a vacation.
1. Camping in itself is an amazing experience but imagine pitching a tent on the mountain wall, dangling metres above the ground. Who would mind such a breath-taking view?
2. The Ukranian urban climber “Mustang Wanted” is every extreme sports lover’s idol. His high-altitude stunts are a rage on the internet.
3. The Futaleufu River Valley in Chile is the newest destination for whitewater kayaking fans.
4. Mountain climbing is a thing of the past it seems…ascending the frozen waterfall is the in thing, adventure lovers.
5. Yoga on a mat is trivial…try Trolltunga. Situated in Norway, Trolltunga is a rock plateau extending from the mountain wall and is a hot favorite among hikers.
6. Dubbed as the ‘swing at the end of the world’, it is one of the world’s highest, located 2,600 metres above the sea level. Also the swing is affixed to a tree house ‘La Casa Del Arbol’ built at the edge of a mountain, providing a gorgeous view of the valley below.
7. I won’t mind residing their permanently. Cliff camping is definitely going up in my bucket-list.
8. Not only nightlife, the Mexican city of Cabo San Lucas is also famous for its beautiful beaches. The natural archways which adorn the sea cliffs are a popular destination among rock climbers.
9. The UK based climber John Roberts lives the hard rock life – climbing the cliffs without any climbing gear, using only his bare hands. This still shows Roberts clinging to a mountain in South Africa.
10. Kjeragbolten is a boulder lodged between a 984 metre deep abyss, in the Kjerag Mountain, Norway is a tourist attraction. One can reach it without any climbing equipment.
11. Bored of your monotonous life? Hiking up the ‘Plankwalk in the Sky’ on Mt. Huashan in China will definitely spruce up things.
12. Taking a leap of faith in the Grand Canyon…is there anything else you want more?
13. I could stare all day at the scenic view atop this railroad bridge in Sequim, Washington.
14. One of the most dangerous extreme sports, Base Jumping includes jumping off cliffs or a high-rise (obviously with a parachute).
15. The mountainous country of Iran is a skiing hotspot and in recent years it has developed as a hub for ice-climbing.
16. Remember the scene in twilight where Edward scoops Bella and emerges at the top of the giant redwood trees? Well as it turns out you don’t have to be a vampire to achieve the feat. Redwood tree climbing is a popular sport in many parts of California.
17. Get over the Niagara Falls; Victoria Falls on Zambezi River is the holy grail for extreme kayaking lovers.
18. Alexander J. Honnold, one of the most prodigious rock climbers in the world seems to be enjoying his view.
19. Trapeze combined with paragliding is definitely a potent combination for those who survive on action sports.
20. Fancy tight rope walking? Try slack-lining which uses flat webbing instead of a rope.
21. You might want to head to Ireland on your next vacation after seeing the treacherous bike trail along the magnificent ‘Cliffs of Moher’.
22. I wonder what he is going to do next. Urban Exploration is a perfect solution for the adventure seekers who are unable to escape the city.
23. f free climbing is your thing then ascending the vertical walls of the Escalando mountains is a must try.
24. Dear Adrenaline Junkie, you might want to experience extreme skiing across a steep slope of the Alps.
25. The ‘Fantastic Pit’ in Ellison’s Cave, USA is an abyss running 586 feet deep into the ground. Rappelling across the rock face of the pit seems to be a popular sport for thrill-seekers.
26. The picturesque Brazillian city of Rio de Janeiro is best viewed while walking a tightrope strung at an altitude hundreds of feet above the ground.
27. I wonder who clicks these pictures for the ‘Mustang Wanted’? Envy his life though.
28. Last but not the least we have Russia’s very own Spiderman, Kirill Oreshkin atop one of Moscow’s tallest building.