Have you ever heard of a person bursting into flames because of a chemical reaction that happens within the body?? If not, this is the case of Spontaneous Human combustion. If there is anything that will leave science dumbstruck, it is this. Science still hunts to end the quest of how this could be possible, but till date all research has gone in vain. In most or cases only a part of the body has been burnt touching nothing else around or beneath the incinerated remains of the victims, suggesting that the source or ignition was from within the human itself. Only a question mark can be put on a topic such as this, but till then, these are the rare cases of spontaneous human combustion.
1. The first case of such a strange happening of human combustion to have occurred was back in the 14n’th century. A Italian Knight Polonus Vorstius, a lover for wine and woman, he consumed two ladles of strong wine only to result in puking and then bursting into flames, baffling those who saw and hear about it until this day.
2. On 25th August 2013, Rajeshwari the mother of newborn Rahul was working in the fields when to her worst nightmare heard a scream saying “her baby is on fire”. The fire was put out by a towel by the father, Doctors at the hospital believed that it could be the phosphorous used to build the house, but as that was ruled out and the baby seems to be the latest case of spontaneous Human combustion.
3. In 1932, Mrs. Charles Williamson suddenly burst into flames on a January morning. She lived in Bladenboro, North Carolina. She had not been beside any kind of fire, and her dress had not been in contact with any cleaning fluid or other flammable substances. Her husband and daughter ripped the dress off her with their bare hands, but not any of them were burned by the flames and not too soon after a pair of her husband’s pants caught fire while hanging in the closet. The same thing happened to a bed, and curtains in an unoccupied room. Although the house was inspected by special investigators from gas and electric companies, arson experts, and police, there could be found no logical explanation for the sudden fires. The family describes the flame as a bluish jet flame.
4. On Jan 13nth, 1943, 52 year old Allen M. Small was found burned to death in his Deer Isle, Maine home. The carpet beneath his body was scorched, but there was no other sign of fire in the house. Small’s pipe was unlit and on a shelf, and his stove lids were all still in place.
5. These are the remains of Dr. John Bentley in Pennsylvania in 1966. The spot where the body lay is burnt, but the rest of the room, including the toilet, was not even scorched. This shows a quick, hot flame that devoured the body in seconds leaving only one leg as the remains.
6. A picture of workers cleaning up the remains of Mrs. M H Reeser of Florida who apparently died of spontaneous combustion in July of 1951. The only remains found, was her skull, shrunken to the size of an orange.
7. On March 1, 1953, Waymon Wood’s body was discovered in the front seat of his closed car in Greenville, South Carolina. His car was stationed on the site of Bypass Route 291. Little remained of Wood, but his car was basically untouched, even though it contained half a tank of gas. Only the windshield had bent forward that showed that the heat was from inside the car.
8. Millet, a hard-drinking Parisian was found reduced to ashes in his straw bed, leaving just his skull and finger bones. The straw matting was only lightly damaged. Dupont’s book on this strange subject popularized the actual thought of the possibility of spontaneous human combustions among the public.
9. Another strange case of this was Maybelle Andrews. She and her boyfriend were dancing in a nightclub one night, when she just burst into flames from her head, shoulders, back and arms. There was no trace of fire anywhere else in the club or around her, suggesting it was from Maybelle itself.
10. Mr Michael Faherty, a 76 year old pensioner, originally from Connemara, was found burned to death in his house at Clareview Park, Galway, on December 22nd, 2010. Investigators on this case were clueless on the possibilities of how his body was left incinerated with no possible source of ignition or any other object in the house scorched. The court later rules as a yet another baffling case of Spontaneous human combustion.
11. On November 6th, 1964, Helen Conway from Pennsylvania was babysitting her grandchildren when one of the neighbors sighted a huge flame. The fire department was then called only to find half of her body incinerated and her feet and toes with blisters.
12. On 16nth December, 2007, a young Brazilian girl burst into flames as she was walking on the road, Onlookers tried to choke the flames but it was all in vain. One said it was horrific and it happened in a matter of seconds.